Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The show must go On!

It's out second show on our first day back, the first show went great. Shawn and I almost missed our entrance for flowers because Sally was telling us a riveting story about... I don't know really remember what about... But other than that it was almost perfect. We were all refreshed and rested it was nice.

So We're doing the second show it's going just swimmingly... Tyrone and Uniqua are on stage they just about to start the theme song of the show, "We're Night's That's Right" when all of a sudden everything shuts off! Yep mikes out, blackout! ...The scene from were I was standing was amazing! Christie and I were waiting for our entrance, messing around, at this point we were pretend slapping each other. Everything movie style shuts down, it even did the veeeruuum -- you know what i'm talking about? the sound does a decrisendo with a sliding scale down to a lower note... haha ANYWAYS it's pitch black, T&U just run off stage. We here a voice next to us say, just so casualy (with a southern acent) "Oh we must of got hit my lightning" I'm thinking "WHAT!?! Yeah that's great!!!" "Wait does that mean a snow day? What if they can't get it fixed will the show be canceled?" Then I start to here kids crying... then all the crew people are franticly running around, while Christie and I are trying to contole our church giggles. By this time the lights have come back up, Jinay has made an anouncement saying "Hello, (with here really soothing I'm talking to the audience voice) we will reconvien the show in 2 minutes" Phill starts playing some filler music and I see people start to leave. An agonizing minute and a half goes by and we just picked up were we left off. It was quite exciting.

Through out the show the lights kept flickering and we kept hereing poping noises from the speekers. One almost made Christie poop her pants on stage, She jumped so hi I laughed so hard... inside! It was amazing.

So we get done with all of the that drama ... so excited to just go to our new and lovely bus! I get out there and hank (our new bus driver) is there sitting watching TV ... I look up and see that the cealing is leaking... I say "hey did you a see this?" he's like "Yeah..." I was like (in my head) "Oh well should we do something out it? instead of just sitting there" I went and put my stuff in my bunk and when I came back he was stuffing Napkins up in the hole. It turns out theres 3 leaks in the ceiling. I guess water must come up from below cause the carpet is all wet, I can't wait for it to dry and smell like mildew! and the door to the garbage has fallen off it's hinges! ... hahahaha Welcome home:)

Love you all talk to you later:)

No comments: