Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Boston Bummer!

Because we had rehearsals all day on Friday and then a 6 show weekend we didn't get much time to do anything in the city! On Saturday we went out for Alissa's going away dinner but that's it!

We arrived real early Friday morning ... every one went back to bed and I couldn't go back to sleep so I explored a little bit! Here's some pics of the park that I took!

There were kids everywhere! Like groups of 50-100 kids they're were probably 1,000 people in the "Boston Commons" I was like it's 8AM why are you awake?

I thought this church was cute, it's on the street that I'm going to live on one day... Newbury! It's a mix between 5th Ave. and the village! So cute i couldn't even handle it!

Newbury had this art gallery that i went into that had some original Andy Warhol's, The cheapest one was an 8 by 10 of some martini glasses, $13,000 I didn't even make that much last year. lol the most expensive went for $260,000, it was Marylin Monroe. It was funny she was like are you looking to expand on your Warhol collection? I said yeah the collection in my memory cause I'll never be able to afford these for real!

---

The theater was amazing, we played at the Colonial ... since we were there for so long we found out a lot about it! First of all the house was gorgeous! Unfortunatly I can't find a pic of the house at all! The theater has been open since the beginning of the earth basically! The first show that opened there was Ben Hur, with a cast of 360 people!

When building was bought there was this amazing marble table in it... so of course they kept it and it was an good choice ... this Very table to you see here:

Is the legendary table that Rogers and Hammerstein did all the final rewrites for, are you ready, OKLAHOMA... and later on, BOB FOSSE, during some meeting needed to show a tap thing for some show, so mine as well do it on the table... well he cracked it! Yep little careless isn't he:

First of all, how tragic is this, it's sitting in the Lady's Lounge... A table that has this much greatness deserves more, a museum, good lighting, something! We had music rehearsal in the there and the hole time I couldn't stop thinking about how R&H created a masterpiece, and we were touching up "Oh the things that Goblin has grabbed" ... it just didn't seem right ... I also couldn't stop touching it! I was hoping that some of it's creative juices would spill out onto me... lol I don't think it worked.

On the Sunday night show I got to go on as Pablo, it was really fun! I might get fired for doing this but oh well ... :) Watch at your own risk, I don't want to give anything away!



Stupid right lol! It was so sweet, Jonny's sister Andrea came to see the show. She was going to go with some friends of hers but due to a mix up in the ticket purchasing, she ended up seeing the show by herself. She said that the lady sitting next to her turned and said "So why are you here?" and she says "Because King Pablo is a friend of mine!" lolol that shut her up real quick! lol After the show we got a bite to eat! It was fun:)

I definitely need to go back! There's so much that I wanted to do and see but couldn't cause of the show... it's ok it's not like Boston's gonna go anywhere! lol

Love you all! Talk to you later!

1 comment:

Amy Farquhar said...

i LOVE the video and can't wait to see you here! october 25/26 is on my calendar! love you p!