Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm Back! (Part 1)

I'm so sorry for the hiatus! Things have been busy, but good for you that means I have a lot to report on:) I know I haven't done NY yet but you're just going to have to wait cause wile it's fresh I was to do these last 2 weeks:)

Before our much needed week off, we did 7 shows in DC. Jonny came down since that's were his parents live. On our day off we went downtown with the intention of viewing Dorthy's Rubie Slippers... but there in storage right now cause The Museum of American History is being renovated. So for a second best we went to The Museum of just plain ol History. We saw the Hope Diamond (Quite surprising: It was not guarded at all, the only thing separating us from billions of dollars is a piece of glass. There much be some Harry Potter spell on it!) Then we hoped on over to the Butterfly house;

Aren't they gorgeous! They're were about 200 of them in the tiny little green house.

If Jonny and I were Butterflies this would be us...

I think I'm the cut up one of the right and he's the put together one on the Left:)

After that, we saw a riveting tale of life in 3D on I-Max called, Monsters of the Sea! We fell asleep! It was about the life of this dolphin like creature in the Era of the Dinosaurs, and finding there fossils today? I think? After the initial wow of the I-Max/3D the story became really boring... lololol

Later that week we had a family outing too;

I loved it... is that bad? I love how there's only like 5 lines in the show but you don't really care! The robots are quite entertaining... Jonny's parents fell asleep:)

To end our lovely time in DC we did another delightful sailing trip in Chesapeake Bay. This one was quite eventful, not only did we get to swim in the bay (the water was so warm it was amazing) but I almost died! Ok well, I didn't almost die, I almost lost my leg. Jonny and I were sun bathing on the front of the boat, just loving life. When they turned we didn't here them yell, whatever they yell. All the sudden the sail was right over us and my leg was caught in between two ropes... Jonny was just laughing he says all he herd was screaming and seeing my legs just flaying all over the place ... I probably would have laughed too if I saw it:) All is good I just have a little cut that's going away... It was so much fun thou, after that we had a BBQ in this beautiful section of the beach! Jonny and I might have taken a little too much to the wine;


Or maybe it was the sun... I don't know, aether or, we had a great time!

---

Now this brings us to our Seattle adventure:) Yep mom flew us home to spend some time with the fam! Jonny did amazing, he met pretty much everyone, and as to my knowledge they all loved him:)

On wed we went to Deception Pass, it's... well here:

This is the view from the top of Goose Rock... it's quite an ambitious hike, but clearly worth it!

It's one of my favorite places in Washington!

It was raining (are you surprised?) on Thursday so I took him up to Tacoma to meet my Nanny. It went very well, she's one of those old lady's who just says whatever she wants no matter what! I have many Nanny stories that are quite entertaining:) She asked Jonny and I both, 2 times each if we had girlfriends back in NY, haha we were like "No Nanny, New York girls are rude" :) lolol (Don't take offense friends, I'm sure you understand:)

Friday was "HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!" We went up to my Grandpas house in Birch Bay (The last stop on I5 before Canada, I have many o time missed it and had to turn around at that stupid border) The thing that's crazy about BB is that, there's no drop off:

The tide goes out for like 2 miles ... that's my mom, Jonny, Autumn and Hersey out there.

After lunch we went to a friends house on Camino Island to say hi and then on the way home we stopped by the Indian reservation to pick up some illegal fire works. The guy gave us 50% off, said he didn't care cause he had to go to Rehab the next day... Needless to say we were grateful:)

We got a little restless with the put it in a bottle, light and run, the piro in us started to come out:) We lighted multiple ones at once to see what would happen, and then Autumn had the brilliant Idea to hold them as they went off, of course we did it!

Probably not the smartest thing... The first time Jonny did it he held it too low and it went right at the house at the end of the cultisack, we had quite a good laugh at that one! Luckily no one got hurt and nothing burned down:)


Ok so it's 2 in the AM and it's getting really hard to think! We'll have to brake this up in two.

Love you all! Talk to you soon. I'll try to do part 2 tomorrow.

No comments: