Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cleveland OH

Every time someone says Cleveland OH I have a flashback to the opening credits of the Drew Carey Show... At the end of the beginning of his show they would all stand by the stadium and he would scream Cleveland OHIO!


From what I remember it was a pretty funny show:) Anyways! We're in Cleveland:)

So yesterday we had quite the day! It started out with Laura and I venturing off to the Rockn Roll Hall of Fame. It was quite fun! Growing up listening to mostly Kenny Loggins and Christian music, it kind of turned into a history lesson for me! Laura, having taken two Rock n Roll history classes in Collage, had to explain everything... lol --- this is me at the beginning.


Some of the stuff there was incredible! They had Janice Joplin's car... she got this car a year before she died ... it's amazing!


Apparently she would drive around California in it... if I had a car like that I'd take out a wall and put it in my living room ... theres no way I would drive that thing around - it's work of art! ... They had so much stuff, you could spend all day in there and not read everything! The part that I liked the most was the costumes! The coat that Michael Jacksons wore in the Thriller movie was there - tiny, he most be so small! It would fit me perfectly:) A Robe of Jimi Hendrix's was on display, huge that would not have fit me at all ... I could have used it as a blanket!

My all time favorite costumes were Madonna's! Now if you've read Jonny's blog you'd know that he's a huge Madonna fan, HUGE! So trying to be the amazing boyfriend that I am, I read everything they're was on her so that I could relay it to Jonny! I even illegally took this picture... I should be in jail right now!


I know it's really dark! For fear of dying I couldn't use the flash! This is just the three in this section they had three more that were pretty amazing! The dress that she wore at the academy awards, were she sang "Sooner or Later" was on display - stunning! They also had a letter that she had written to a friend when she was in collage. 4 pages long. She talks about how she hates school, how she really wants to leave to go to NY but doesn't want to piss her dad off. How she's really nervous about her career, and she's so scared to do it, but has to because if she doesn't she knows she'll to regret it her hole life!

lol we told the lady at the admissions counter that we were on tour, I lied and told her I played Pablo. She charged us the Senior rate, saving us $5:) Such a nice lady! lol It was really fun I'm glad we went - It kind of changed me life! This was taken on the way out...

Don't worry mom it's just for fun:)

---

After the museum. 20 of us went to this gorgeous park in Akron! Sally is from here so she hosted a picnic! We ate, laughed! Dad you would have been so proud; we played kick ball! Never once did I get out and I actually hit the ball every time I kicked it...lolololol this pic was taken when I was throwing to someone... I didn't know they had my camera...


Hey - it worked though! We got two people out with that magnificent throw! Don't worry I'm not going to give up my day job. After Kickball we played Tag... now I don't remember tag being this hard when I was a kid! They're were 6 of us playing and let me tell you, I was dying! I couldn't calm my heart down! It was not good! I should probably start doing a little (A lot) more cardio:) Once it started to rain we took it as a sign and left. On the way back downtown we made a pit stop to see the Blue Herein that flock to Ohio, it was pretty riveting!

All they did was sit there! We wanted to shoot a gun or something so that they'd all start flying away but we thought that would be rude, disrupting the peace... or something like that! The pit stop did however provide this amazing Kodak moment!


After looking at that pic again... I didn't realize how many of the people in it look "Special"

---

Once we got back to the hotel, I cleaned the dirt off my butt from falling a couple time during tag:) and then met up with some friends from Washington Ginny and Don, they moved to Cleavland when I was a freshman, I think. So it was really good to see them!

We closed the night with a very sensible evening at a bar called Liquid. These sheltered little 28 year olds just didn't know what to do with us! We stormed in there and turned it into a dance party ... it was pretty amazing! When we had to leave, I got slapped in the face by this drunk girl that still wanted to dance with me. I slapped her back in the heat of the moment, then we both started laughing - I still don't know her name!

All in all a very good, fun filled, pandemonious day! We're in Grand Rapids MI right now... sorry for the wait in posting! Things have been a little hectic!

Love you all! Talk to you later:)

1 comment:

Amy Farquhar said...

that picture of you throwing the ball is priceless. i don't like this phone tag...call me back when you can. LOVE YOU