Friday, May 9, 2008

A Drastic Change!

So We are in Louisville, KY... or as the locals pronounce it Looavule!

We woke up real late, cause we got into Lulvul at 5 in the morning... so the first thing we did was go find food, we hoped in cab witch took us to:

... It's just a street full of restaurants... it's really cute, there's an outside bar and everything. I bet it's hoppin in the summer time! Since they're like 10 of em, we randomly chose The Red Star Tavern! It was very classy! We had Mint Juleps with skillet fried cornbread smothered in honey butter goodness! It was to die for!


Alissa calls this my Mary Kate pic... lol So after lunch we walked around a bit but when it started to rain we suck shelter at a corner starbucks and hung out there for a while:)

---

Later we met up with Laura and Kandace. (Now I need to backtrack a little bit... For a very long time I've been thinking about doing something "drastic" about my appearance! This morning I woke up and said today is the day ... then, when I was with Alissa two people referred to us as, Ladies! Which solidified my decision!) The four of us were walking downtown when we came across a wig store. (Kandace has gotten all the girls on a wig rampage, so excitement was at an all time high!) While they were trying on wigs, I snuck out and went across the street to the ... Aveda Salon:) In the time it took then to pic out a Wig... I got a hand massage, a head massage and... a Hair Cut! - Are you ready? It's 100% different!


Yep, Yep, it happened! It's all gone! Back to my roots! That's Alissa wig ... amazing right? :) Now everyone's going to think I have a fake ID! It was totally meant to be too: Aveda doesn't take walk ins, someone had canceld about a minute before I walked in the door...

---

Running way late, we rushed back to the hotel to freshen up for our spirit of Jefferson Cruise! With new hair and all we were ready:)


We get down there really early so we can pay and all that stuff... We're waiting to board and as we're standing there enjoying each others (adult) company, up pulls two charter buses full of 6th graders! I'm not lying!!! 100 kids screaming kids start piling out... we were like; You've got to be kidding me!

We said; this situation could aether be excruciating, or we can make the best of it. We chose the latter! After the cafeteria food dinner (I'm going to have to spend all day tomorrow on the toilet!) we took to the dance floor like starving camels at a watering hole! lol These kids ate us up! They were still at the age were there was no judgment so it turned out to be a really good time!

Every time we stopped dancing, groups of girls would get the courage to come up to us and tell us what great dancers we were! One girl was dancing with Kyle, then all the sudden she stops and says "you look just like my father."

These girls were treating me like I was Zack Ephron (sp?) ... I wanted to be like hunny I'm sorry, I'm a homo... lol It was Debby's Birthday and the girl who's at the very bottom left of the above picture ... she commissioned me to personally sing Happy Birthday to her...


Everyone had a blast! Even the chaperone's thanked us on the way out ... we were like, this is what we do for a living:)


Finishing off the night with a hot tub, it turned out to be quite an entertaining day:) I hope you like the hair ... if you don't, don't tell me! lol

Love you all! Talk to you later:)

1 comment:

Amy Farquhar said...

paul! i LOVE the hair. i was thinking all night about what the exciting thing might be and it's amazing! i'm glad you cut it...now i'm even more excited to see you in person! :)