Thursday, May 15, 2008

Knoxville TN.

Hey Y'all, Yes, we are in the south!

OK, were to start? I love Knoxville, so far it's in the top 5 favorite cities!

We got in to Knoxville at 9PM on Sunday the 11th. Our hotel happened to be right across from the 1982 site of the World's Fair Park. It was very quaint!

Yesterday I spent most of the day out in the sun by the amphitheater, reading. It was so nice to relax/read/work on my much needed tan! I've never been this white in my life!

They also have this cute little place called Market Square. It's a block of little boutiques and restaurants:

I stole that pic from someone else's blog:) They have concerts there in the spring/summer time. Our favorite restaurant was the Red Tomato. Oh my loins, there sandwiches were to die for! Made with such precision, I had the "Oh Boy" it's a party in your mouth! And on a very random note, especially the people that frequented the Red Tomato, everyone looked like they stepped directly out of an Anthropology (for the girls) or Urban Outfitters (for the guys) Catalog, it was kind of strange yet refreshing at the same time!

The other amazing place that we ate at was "Calhoun's On the River" A great ribs joint. I wasn't really feeling ribs, I had a salad with White Chilly! It was amazing! For the appetizer we figured it was a must to have a true southern treat, Fried Green Tomatoes... lol let's not try beat around the bush here, we got them cause of the movie:) Of cores when in the south you have to drink your beer, uncle Scott you would have been proud:)


Since there was a hill steeper than Mount Everest on the walk home, the buzz was killed quickly:)

---

Even the theater was gorges:

It's called the Tennessee. I guess we were stunned by it's beauty, cause we sure did have the most awkward moment yet on tour. The first show we did at the Theater, Alissa and I go to start our opening fanfare. "Ladies" "And--- Boom the lights go out! We were standing there in complete darkness. We didn't know what to do so we just kept going, eventually they put spots on us, we finished the scene and ran off, to kayos backstage. All the crew people were running around throwing cords at each other, yelling us the stay out of the way. The power board had shut down... We held the show for about 8 minutes and then just picked up were we left off. It was pretty jarring though, that's the first time anything like that has ever happened! The rest of that show and all the others were fine though!

The other Ironic thing about the theater was that it was on:

Yep GAY ST. lolol it was real cute too! I'm tellin ya, the homos know how to do it right:) It was lined with real fun shops, art galleries, cafes. Every time someone said gay st, one of us would start singing "Keep it Gay" from The Producers:)

There is a lot of stuff that wasn't in walking distance that wish we could have done. But I'm hoping that my travels will bring me back for further exploration:)

Tomorrow we go to Ashland for a day then to Indianapolis, then it's a week off in the city! I can not wait! I miss Jonny. I should go I have to get up in 4 hours... :(

Love you all! Talk to you later!

No comments: