Sunday, January 9, 2011

Elevation = 11,440

Yes!!!! We had to perform in Beaver Creek colorado were the elevation was 11 thousand 4 hundred and 40 feet!!!! Full out no marking - DANCE!!!!

So I have to back up a little bit cause the hole day was eventful! As of the last post our bus was out of commission... Well it was fixed and all ready to go in the morning! So when we all hopped on at 7AM everything was fine... I wake up at 8AM to someone yelling at me to move my legs witch pissed me off! I then realize, oh so quickly, that I am sweating profusely!!! I reach up to turn on my vent... you know maybe it's just the sun ... NOTHING COMES OUT!!!

The hole right side of the bus's vents had stopped working and the Left side was only blowing Hot air from the engine ... At the front of the bus it was 91 Degrees ... so I'm sure at the back of the bus, were it's really crowded, was roastin at a NOT sensible 100 at least!!! There was so much commotion!!! Everyone was awake and complaining and starting to get REALLY agitated!!!

Jack decided to just turn off the air all together in an attempt to stop the heat blowing ... so sleeping / doing anything really, was not an option. All I could do was sit with my arms propped up so that my pits wouldn't water!!! Every once in a wile The vents would kick in and everyone would gasp and reach up to see if cold air was blowing out:

Unfortunately our wishes never came true! It was always nasty hot air!!! By the time we got to the lunch stop the majority of us was wearing very little clothing!!!

Post lunch they figured out a way to make it bearable.

So we're climin the mountain, witch was beautiful!!! Wild goats running around the rocks - it really was another amazing drive... Visually!!! The problem was as we kept getting higher the less I was able to breathe and all we were doing was sitting on the bus!!! I was like ... how am I going to dance???

We arrive at the hotel and just walking down the hall makes me winded and light headed ... we chill for a while - get back on the bus to go to the venue and start going further up the hill -- "NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING WANE??"

We walk into the theatre, Great facility, The resort was amazing - SO much money!!!


And at the company meeting we got the best news of all!!! They had:
YES!!!!!! They told us that after we get ready we should sit with the oxygen tank for about 5 mins and our breathing would be like it is at sea level for one hour... so I change real fast and get ready and go sit with the tank:




Yeah... excuse my language but that tank was Bullshit!!! It didn't help me at all - I was dying!!! Regardless we all got thru it! The Venue was so small it was great, we really got to feel the audience and they were loving it!!! Afterword we did a little meet and greet and got to talk to some of the beneficiaries of the theatre and they said they couldn't tell at all that we were struggling, so that's good!

We're in Palm Desert California now and I'm so thankful for 2 reasons: it's at sea level and it's worm!!! We've been laying out by the pool every morning I can't handle it!!! It's January and I'm wearing a spedo!!! Who does that? I love it!!! hahaha

HAVE to go to bed and get that Free breakfast!!! and it's 2:40AM :( Stay tuned! I'll talk to everyone later:)

P

No comments: