Monday, January 10, 2011

Summer!!! In January???

So From the Vail ... were it will be 7 Degrees tomorrow... (BAAAAAAAH so glad we're not there!!!) We bumped on over to Palm Dessert CA!!

It was basically a 12 hour travel day with a 3 hour break... We bussed from the mountain to the heart of downtown Denver ... the hustle and bustle of the City made me miss NY so much!!! I felt rejuvenated even tho it was only a short trip!

I called my friend Chris Rowen, cause she's lived in Denver for a while. She said we had to go to Larimer Square:


I am so glad we went, the Square is so cute!!! Lots of really fun independent shops and some amazing restaurants!!! We had the most amazing happy hour at Tag because of Miss Rowens Raving recommendation!!! Heres the link to there web-sight:

http://tag-restaurant.com/

I had a drink called "An Honest Mistake" It's name should be changed to: "The Perfect Choice" after two I felt so happy, chatty and ready for the rest of our travel day!

On the way back to the bus we stopped by the Tattered Cover Book Store - it was amazing: a 3 story locally owned book shop! So fun!!! We probs could have spent 5 hours in there but we only could allow for 10 mins... We basically had to drag grandpa Hardy out of the store, hahaha

From Downtown we went to the airport - thankfully Julia and I finagled our way into sitting next to eachother and laughed the whole flight!!!

Another bus was waiting for us after got all of our bags... the funniest part of the day was seeing our own bus in the parking lot of the hotel when we pulled in ... Uncle Wayne is amazing!!! he tots beat us!!!

The next morning was once of the most surprisingly happy days of my life!!! We are staying at an Embassy Sweets:


I have been sitting Pool Side in my spedo for the past 3 days -- AND IT'S JANUARY!!!! This hotel is amazing I'm so glad we got to stay here!!!

In between shows yesterday we got dropped off at what we were told was a strip mall type place ... I'm thinking oh great - maybe they'll have a footlocker for me to get a new pair of sneaks for running... WRONG! They had stores like Burberry, Juicy Couture, Gucci, Louis Vuitton... I thought about getting a pair of Gucci running shoes but just couldn't justify it... hahaha jokes - jokes! We found this cute little outside grassy knoll with some amazing statues that we just couldn't pass up recreating!!! This the sculpture:

...
People were staring / laughing ... I don't really know why! We were behaving so well!!! haha

Today before the show - because it was so nice out - we decided to warm up outside. It was pandemonium!!!

Ok ... it's like a sensible... worm outside... like low 70's in the direct sun so we're all half naked, just living outside - doing our stretches, our crunches, our dance parties ... and oh yeah I forgot we were on the front lawn - so as the audience was rollin in they were getting another kind of show...

Erica ... God bless that girl she beats to her own drum!!! Comes out in this:

She is such and mess and that's why we love her!!! As the warm up progressed things got weirder and weirder:


I look up from a Michael Bennet Lunge and see this:

Yep at this point people are honking and yelling... then Ryan (the base) has this brilliant idea... here's the process:


It was quite eventful!!! :)

Tomorrow... well today we go to the Phoenix area:) I'm so excited to see some of my ABT friends:)

Peace and blessins!

P

No comments: