Friday, January 28, 2011

The Heart of California!

Today David and I were RUDELY awoken by the most of obnoxious drilling noise I've ever herd!!! OH EMM GEE - This is so annoying ... well ... mine as well do a blog post! I'll tell you guys about Santa Barbara:)

The Vally is arguably one of the most beautiful places I've ever been!!! You're sandwiched between luscious green mountains and the Pacific:

The pics don't really do it justice ... it's stunning tho!

So we had a golden day on Wed... I'll tell you about the pandemonium that ensued later:) On Thursday Erica and I took a cab to the downtown area and just had one of those - play it by ear days... we strolled on the beach for a bit, discussing life and dreams, and ended up wandering over to the Marina:

We dined at this amazing restaurant on the dock:

So satisfied we met up with Megan and caught the farmers market walking back up State Street to meet the cab... then we did a show!

---

The next day I woke up early and hopped the city bus downtown so that I could get some acupuncture done! The guy that poked me was hilarious!!! He told me that I need to find a lover that does Deep Tissue Massage -- In my head I got this mental image of me at a club dancing around asking people if they do massage therapy and if they say no I pivot turn away ... hahaha anyway I left feeling peaceful, relaxed, rejuvenated and so zen!

I met up with Julia and Erica and we Strolled down State Street:

State Street has a plethora of different types of shops and restaurants - it's a conglomerate of Hippy and Wealthy - it's kind of funny!

We made our way back down to the beach again, were we found some of our people!!!

I have a really funny vid to show you guys - I need to get it from Megan - stay tuned:)

A little Sun Kissed we walked down the boardwalk to check it out ... so glad we did!!!

At the end of the dock is a ridiculous Sea Food Restaurant by the name of The Shellfish Company:

Fun Fact: The Shell Fish Company goes thru over 100 pounds of Shell fish A DAY!!! Crazy!!! Strategically placed out front was this guy making booies - I felt like it was 1950:

We decided to all split a 9 pound crab by the name of Nelson!!!

Our lovely waiter Diego, from Brazil, man handled Nelson out of the tank:

And a quick 45 minutes later Nelson looked like this:

About 30 minutes later...

Of corse we had to be totally inappropriate and do a little photo shoot with Nelson's Shell:

Scary drama? I don't really know what david was going for with this?

Hot anyone??? Here cool yourself off with this Sensible Fan:)

Oh how I love you so?
One Singular Sensation!!! We should start using Shell finally hats in the show... they would weigh a lot less - that's for sure!!! hahaha Oh Nelson you were definitely a memorable experience!!!

After our epic dinner we did a little more shopping, got a little pic-me-up, a little sweet and enjoyed the sunset on our way to the theatre before the show:

We weren't gifted with this vibrant of a sun set on the night that we were strolling but it was still beautiful - I found these pics while google image searching and I love them ... hahaha

A lot of us were very sad to leave Santa Barbara - it was an amazing couple of days:)

No comments: