Sunday, April 6, 2008

Catch up

There are a few things that I want to tell you guys but keep forgetting:

Opening day-

So we were scheduled to do two shows that day, our final dress at 2 and then our big opening at 7... the 2 O'clock show is going great we get all the way to Dragon Mountain (the last scene) and all of a sudden I hear this very strange noise. For a second I thought it was the sound guy being funny, but then I realized it was the FIRE ALARM... and yes, Alissa and I are trapped in the Dragon! We can't get out of this thing by our selfs, they're snaps on the bottom that we can't reach... We just start screaming - "Hello? can someone help us here? HELLO?" they had totally forgotten about us!!! I look around through my two little mesh patches - the stage is empty! I thought is this for real?

Luckily there was no fire, our smoke machines had set off the alarm. We still had to evacuate the building though. It was so funny, the theater we were at was a collage and the people that were going to class were giving us the weirdest looks I don't really know why I mean isn't this a normal going to school outfit?

:) The show that night was so good! It changed everything having an audience of 900 screaming kids!!! we got so used have bitter and jaded New Yorkers, acting like kids answer our questions. These kids our hilarious, Just so into it! It makes you realize why you singed up to do this, you know:)

---

I have some very classy pictures from the opening night party, that might have been taken after 1 or 2 glasses of whine... the first one is with the creator of the show...LOL she'd probably kill me if she knew this was up, but - whatever:)

Amazing right her name is Janice and she's brilliant! This second one is with one of Alissa and I's BFFL ... the Choreographer of the show, she's been with The Backyardigans for the past 7 years, and she's the reason why I'm on this tour! Beth

And I had to put this one in too because it's a good one her name is Sarah and she works for Broadway Across America, so sweet and funny!

Brilliant right, I love it!

Ok I have to go do a show. Love you all Talk to you later!

No comments: