Saturday, April 5, 2008

Travel Drama!

Well it all worked out in some round about way, I made it to Paducah, KY by 4 o'clock, and got to the theater just in time for a spacing rehearsal / 7PM show... But it was not stress free let me tell you!

Pause. First of all I had a funny experience on my way to the airport ... leaving Battle Creek MI. the cab driver was classic! I arranged a cab to pick me up from our Hotel and take me to the Airport in Kalamazoo. I get in the Cab and the first thing this man says to me, in a very low voice with a touch of some accent that I can't really put my finger on says;

"So a how old are you?"
"Ummm... what why?"
"Well you look like your 16, 17 years old - are you even old enough to fly alone?"
(in my head I'm thinking is this really happening? does he really think I'm that young - you've got to be kidding me!)
"Yes I am old enough to fly alone, I'm 22"
"Oh, well you just never know these days" he says trying to back track "you know when I was your age, girls that were 12 really looked like they were 12, not 30! Now you just get yourself into really awkward situations..."

I did kind of a laugh / cough cause I didn't really know how to respond to that... lol

Now back to getting to Paducah...

So after to the funeral we go home for a hot second, then straight to my Aunt and Uncles house... blah blah blah so it wasn't till 11PM that I get to the airport, Thanks to my cousin Amy... love her!!! She was kind enough to take me:) Everything was on time, I was ready for this epic adventure.

My flight was on time, we board early, there wasn't a fat lady next to me taking up all the room, it was too good to be true and it was! We sat for an hour and a half! the flight was suppose to leave at 12:40AM we didn't leave the gate till 2:30AM... and to top it off the air conditioners only worked when the engines were on... we kept hearing "we're sorry for the delay lady's and gentleman we'll be leaving shortly" so by the time 2:30AM came the 100 people + on the plain gave swamp ass a new meaning:)

I missed my second flight by 3 minutes ... pissed! However it was kind of a blessing in disguise; they put me on a flight that went straight to Memphis then to Paducah witch got me there at the same time ... but skipping the second middle flight... (are you still with me? I'm starting to confuse myself) so all you need to know is I now had 4 hours to kill. Well what should I do, I thought to myself, Hello - sleep ya dummy! I get myself all comfy, I'm having a lovely dream, then KABOW!!! I get elbowed right in the arm-chest;

"What the *%$*!" I say in a half asleep/disoriented voice.
"Are you going to Orlando?" inquires this women next me with a very thick southern accent.
"No I'm going to Memphis"
"Oh, well they just called last call, and I didn't want you to miss your flight. I'm goin to Memphis to, that's so funny - I'm sorry for waking you up. you looked really comfortable too, were you dreaming? you had a smile on your face..."

She just kept talking and talking, told me all about her broken foot! ...needless to say I only got about an hour of sleep. But from then on everything was great - I magically got an exit row seat on the flight to Memphis and the flight to Paducah lasted 20 minutes, the cab driver even let me by with only giving him $21 instead of $30 cause that's all the cash I had:) He said "times are tough man, I'll take what I can get."

So now I'm back with the Crazies...:) we're in W. Lafayette IN. right now - the 3 Paducah shows were great. Creighton was out due to some stomach problems so Jarvas had to go in and lets just say he's been focusing a lot on My/Tyrone's track ... so His Grabbing Goblin was quite humorous! He had no clue what he was doing - but he hid it well, please the kids don't even know whats going on, they were still entertained:)

I'm getting sleepy, love you all goodnight:)

2 comments:

Susan Helms said...

My family was at the Paducah show Saturday. We loved it! We actually were able to meet Laura and Kandace at breakfast! My daughter was freaking out. If you get a chance..tell them Maddison said HI!!!!! We will see you guys again in Nashville in August.

Anonymous said...

i wish i could have seen Jarvis as Austin...I bet it was great