Thursday, April 17, 2008

Iowa Restruants...

We're in Cedar Falls Iowa right now. The only thing around the hotel is chain/fast food restaurants, there's nothing to do here!!!

This morning we ate at the VILLAGE IN. The first time in 2 weeks that we've had breakfast! And let me tell you this is one thing that I've had a really hard time with! I love a bacon egg and cheese bagel, In NY you can get it on any street corner at anytime of the day! I'm having withdrawal! The VILLAGE IN Answered my prayers!!!! You don't realize how much you love something until it's not available after 11AM:)

After that it went down hill and it went fast! We finished the show Just famished! With plans of going to The TEXAS ROADHOUSE! There's 13 of us, our waiter was very nice his name was Andrew he took all of our drink orders, then this women came over to our table, just rude! She must have been the manager, she told us we couldn't have any drinks cause they called last call 5 minutes ago... first of all, we arrived 15 minutes ago, it just took him that long to get all of our drink orders. Second of all she denied herself at least $150 worth of liquor revenue and then an extra $300 in food cause my table of 6 sure did get up and walk out!

It's now 10:10, we're nearing starvation, the hunt was on "Operation, get food in belly" is in full force. WENDY'S right across the street, we run! I'm just so excited for a salad. The inside was closed but the drive through was open. We walk up to the window and ask if we can order via D.T.W. (that stands for Drive Through Window) this is what happens:
  • Lady: "I'm sorry we can only serve you if you have a car."
  • All 6 of us: "What?" "Are you serious?" (murmur, murmur from the crowd)
  • Me: "This is discrimination against homeless people!" (...now, what I meant to say was "car less people" but that's what came out! The look on her face was priceless, it took her a while to proses what I meant)
  • Lady: "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do for you!" (Then she closes the window with this look on her face like we're all uncivilized creatures and starts to lock it. I mean we're actors not Barbarians!)
  • Me: Yeah you lock that window, what's that going to do? You think we're going to attack you or something? We're hungry! Not savages! (Again I don't know what came out of me - it was defiantly my stomach talking!)
We can barely walk at this point! Across the street a little ways down is an ARBY'S. At a closer look we notice someone walking in. It's open! we run! screaming! Ok, we weren't screaming, we got excited, there was hope, this was it we were finally going to be able to eat! We got up to the counter, panting, they guy says, we close at 10:30 order fast! It's 10:17. In a rush I blurt out a #8... which ended up being Popcorn Chicken, Curly fries and a soda ... (lolol) not the healthy Salad that I was planning on having:) They guy was very nice! He stayed open till we all got our food and we on our way.

As we were walking back to the hotel we run into the rest of the group. They had stayed at the Texas Roadkill place and gotten orders to go... So if we had just stayed there we could have avoided all of the running around. Moral of the day - don't let your stomach lead you when you haven't eaten, and have a little more patience when people are rude:)

I love you all! Talk to you later!

No comments: